Conference Theme:: ”Towards Food and Nutrition Security: Challenges and Opportunities”.
Objectives of The Conference
- To bring together leading academic scientists, researchers, research scholars and practitioners to exchange and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of food and nutrition Security
- To address an integrated approach to identifying solutions to the complex global challenge of food security at all spatial levels, and from an interdisciplinary and systemic food systems perspective.
- To understand environmental, nutritional, agricultural, demographic, socio-economic, political, technological and institutional drivers, costs and outcomes of current and future food security.
- To address food and nutrition security at interactions with contextual factors including climate change, urbanization, greening the economy and data-driven technologies l.
- To explore interdisciplinary insight, address the trade-offs that occur, and synergies that can be sought in transforming food systems.
- IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON FOOD AND NUTRITION SECURITY
- COVID-19 outbreaks effect on global food supply chains
- FOOD and Nutrition security surveillance systems during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Health system response for nutritional care during COVID-19
- FOOD SAFETY, LOSS AND WASTE
- The burden of foodborne diseases and effect on nutrition security.
- Safe and sustainable food systems as affected by climate change.
- Innovation and digital transformation to improve food safety.
- Consumer empowerment to make healthy food choices for sustainable food systems.
- Nutritional value, social value and safety of food.
- Reducing food loss and waste along the supply chain.
- Food waste and loss in hospitality and food service.
- Effects of food loss and waste on poverty, food security and nutrition.
- Innovation to reduce food loss and waste>
- Appropriate technologies and practices for food loss and waste.
- FOOD SECURITY AND CLIMATE CHANGE
- Impact of Climate Change on Food and Nutrition security.
- Mitigation, adaptation and resilience of food systems and the environment to Climate Change.
- Food consumption and nutrition; changes and its importance in food consumption patterns to food security.
- Food and nutrition indicators; community, household, and individual indicators on food and security nutritional status.
- Poverty, nutrition, and food security assessment; measurement and determinants of poverty with implications and contributions of agribusiness.
- Gender of household head; the issue, roles and importance in food security and agripreneurship.
- AGRIBUSINESS/AGRIPRENEURSHIP FOR FOOD AND NUTRITION SECURITY
- Food security and nutrition policy analysis; governance, regulation and legislation.
- Agricultural value chains; agricultural commodities value chain systems and management.
- Agricultural market systems and trade; impact of market access on food security in domestic and international markets.
- Technological change; innovations and adoption for food and nutrition technologies.
- Commercialization in agriculture; shift from traditional/ subsistence agriculture to cash/ income generation investments in agriculture.
- SUSTAINABLE FOOD AND NUTRITION SECURITY
- Sustainable agricultural innovations for improved food and nutrition security
- Traditional knowledge in food security
- Role of policy in enhancing food and nutrition security
- Food systems transformations
- GENDER AND FOOD SECURITY
- Gender and food access
- Gender and food utilization
- Gender and food availability
- Gender and emergencies
- Gender inequalities and food security
- CROSS CUTTING ISSUES ON FOOD AND NUTRITION SECURITY
Abstract Submission Guidelines
For paper presentation send a 250 – word abstract and for poster presentation send a 100-word summary to email@example.com. All submitted abstracts will be peer reviewed.
You can also participate as a delegate without submitting a paper / poster
|Abstract submission deadline||15th November, 2021|
|Notification of acceptance||30th November, 2021|
|Conference registration & payment||1st December – 30th December, 2021|
|Full paper and poster submission||3rd January, 2022|
|Submission of PPT presentations by conference participants||30th January, 2022|
|Conference Dates||15th Feb – 17th Feb, 2022|
Students: KES 1500 ($13.5)
Other participants: KES 3000 ($27)
Please send all inquiries to the conference secretariat:
Mobile number: +254 722 222 943, +254 721 805 505