Fire drill is a quality objective that is performed yearly to sensitize students and staff on fire incident response. This activity was conducted on 21st February, 2019 behind Kitchen I marking the second fire drill in the calendar of events of the University of Eldoret after the first one which was conducted in 2016.
After the drill which was conducted successfully, it was recommended that;
- The University Management Board needs to approve additional hose reels, hydrants, fire assembly points and fire alarms especially in the old buildings.
- The University Management Board needs to approve procurement of a fire engine due to the growing University population and the growth and development of key infrastructure within the University.
- The University Management Board should consider addition of fire marshal to improve management of fire incidences.
- The University security to develop a prompt command system to assist in the flow of communication in case of emergencies or terror attack.
- University ambulance drivers to be taken to a refresher course to improve on emergency response.
- More drills to be enhanced yearly to enable staff and students to improve on emergency responses.
Click on photo to enlarge