On Tuesday April 4th April The delegation from University of Eldoret led by Prof. Violet Mugalavai Director, Industrial Linkages Partnerships and collaboration, had the authority of the Vice-Chancellor, University of Eldoret to engage in signing memorandum of Understanding with Kenya Animal Genetic Resource Center.
The two organizations signed the MoU and agreed to actualize it, the long-term objective was to stimulate collaboration between Kenya Animal Genetics Resources Centre and the University of Eldoret, for the purpose of strengthening the University- industry linkages in pursuit of both academic excellence and national development.
The two Institutions will do their utmost to realize the following specific objectives:
- Participate in scientific research in agricultural development and impact on the environment;
- Share scientific equipment and laboratory facilities;
- Provision of training and internships;
- Provision of consultancy services;
- Exchange scientific information and results through organization of scientific seminars, symposia, conferences etc; and
- Production and exchange of scientific reports and joint publication of articles and books.
In attendance from UoE were Prof. Elizabeth Omami-Dean, SAGR, Dr. Paul Odwori Dean, SECO Dr. Andrew Kiplagat ,HoD Planning & Mgt ,Dr. Grace Cheserek Snr. Lect. SENV and Mr. Edgar Saitoti, Admin Nairobi Liaisons Office.
Click on photo to enlarge