Dean of Students.
P.O. Box 1125
The office is also charged with the responsibility of supervising and coordinating the social and welfare activities of the students through the following sections:
Guidance & Counseling
This section promotes and facilitates each individual students personal, social, intellectual and psychological well being. There are professionally trained personnel to offer both individual and group counseling.The office also offers peer-counseling training to equip those students who are interested to become peer-counselors.
Career and Placement
This office coordinates job placement services in collaboration with the Dean of Schools. It assists students in acquiring skills in job search, it organizes career-fair and invites potential employers. It acts as a link between the University and the employment world. Special needs unit Special needs unit for the physically challenged students :- This section pays attention to the special needs and challenges of this categories of students through provision of suitable facilities conducive for their stay in the university.
Games & Sports
This session enhances the physical development of the students. Some of the games offered include: Soccer, hockey, basketball, volleyball, netball, athletics, among others.The students are encouraged to participate
in various competitions such as inter-year, inter-school.
The chaplaincy office is in charge of the spiritual welfare of the students. It does spiri tual counseling , conducts religious ceremonies e.g. weddings, baptism burials among others. The section caters for all faiths.
Clubs & Societies
The office of the Dean of students advises modalities of formation of clubs. It also registers clubs to allow them to function within the university. Students are encouraged to join the various clubs or to form new ones
in the event that they can cater for both their academic and social welfare. Currently the registered clubs and societies fall under the following categories: academic, religious, social, recreational and environmental.
Dr. Dorcas Serem,
Dean, School of Human Resource Development .
P.O. Box 1125
The School of Human Resource Development was established in July 2012 as one of the units in Chepkoilel University College which is now University of Eldoret. Its mandate is to prepare and produce competent and professionally qualified personnel in the areas of communication, development, entrepreneurship, and human resource management who are able to steer this country in development now and in the future. The school houses two departments namely Quantitative Skills and Development Studies; and Communication Studies. It also houses universal courses taken by all students in the university which include Quantitative Skills, Communication Skills, State Society and Development, Development concepts and Application, Development Project Appraisal and Entrepreneurship for Small Business. The following Programmes are being developed; Development Studies, Entrepreneurship, Communication Studies and Human Resource Management and it is hoped that once they are approved by various committees in the University they will be presented to Commission for University Education for approval so that the School can admit students for undergraduate degrees in the various programmes developed.
Prof. Grace Mbagaya,
Dean, School of Business and Management Sciences.
P.O. Box 1125
In creating a ‘globally competitive and prosperous country with a high quality of life’ the critical role of the School cannot be overstated. The development of our human resource is one of the main catalysts of progress at a socio-economic level. Thus the provision of excellent all-round education and training for our students is our goal which cuts across two of the main pillars in the Kenya Vision 2030; that is the social pillar and the economic pillar. Our students are developed to be analytical and innovative as well as to think outside the box by creating rather than seeking jobs and injecting new ideas in the corporate world both locally and globally.The school has about 580 students currently.
The tourism sector is one of the country’s main economic pillars and the School is in the forefront in ensuring that we provide the quality human resource for the industry. The practical classes for hospitality courses are undertaken at Hotel Academia, the teaching facility that is located within the University. The M.Sc and PhD levels of the programmes will be offered soon.
- Bachelor of Tourism Management (BTM)
- Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Travel and Tour Operations Management (BTTM)
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) with specialization in the following
- Finance and Banking
- Risk and Insurance Management
- Marketing Management
- Purchasing and Supplies Management
- Business Information System
- Human Resource Management
- Enterprise Management
- Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts (Economics)
- B.Sc. in Project Planning and Management
- B.Sc. in Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Tourism Management (DTM)
- Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management (DHRM)
- Diploma in Travel and Tours Operations Management (DTTM)
- Diploma in Business Management (DBM)
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship (DE)
- Diploma in Project Planning and Management (DPPM)
- Masters in Business Management (academic)
- Masters in Tourism Management
- Masters in Hospitality Management
Prof. Patrick Kafu,
Dean, School of Education.
P.O. Box 1125
The School is among the earliest schools established in Moi University, the mother university of University of Eldoret. The School of Education was gazetted in August, 2010 as one of the academic units in the then Chepkoilel University College. Its mandate is to prepare and produce competent and professionally qualified teachers who are able to perform in this century and beyond. The preparation of teachers covers both pedagogical and content/subject matter areas. The School houses Department of Technology Education, which is the only one in South of Sahara and Eastern Africa. It is the only school in the region training graduates at both Undergraduate and Masters in Technology Education. The School of Education currently offers science based programmes in undergraduate and postgraduate. The School is also offering programmes in Social Sciences and there are proposals to start Creative Arts-based courses, and these will be conducted through theoretical and practical approaches.
Teaching Staff and partnerships
The School has highly trained and experienced staff in: Curriculum of Education, Foundations of Education, Educational Technology, Technical Education, Educational Psychology, Educational Administration and Planning, Science Education and Social Sciences Education.
The School has partnerships locally, regionally and internationally. These include;
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Higher Education, Science Technology
- Teachers Service Commission
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
- Teaching institutions in Eastern Africa
Our graduates hold key positions locally, regionally and the world at large. The School’s alumni have found placement in teaching (secondary, post secondary and the university levels), Ministry of Education, Consultancy expertise in some governments in the region and the industry.
BACHELORS PROGRAMMES (REGULAR AND SCHOOL BASED)
- Bachelor of Education (Science)
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
- Bachelor of Education (Technology Education)
Areas of specialization:
- Electrical & Electronics Technology
- Building and Construction Technology
- Power Mechanics Technology
- Mechanical and Auto-motive Technology
- Computer Studies
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Special Needs Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Homescience & Technology)
- Bachelor of Education(Agricultural Education)
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- M.Ed.(Technology Education)
- M.Ed. (Science Education-Physics, Chemistry,Maths, Biology)
- M.Ed. (Guidance and Counselling)
- M.Ed. (Early Childhood & Primary Education)
- M.Ed. (Educational Technology)
- M.Ed. (Executive Masters)
- M.Ed. (Educational Psychology)
- M.Ed.( Educational Management & Policy Studies)
- M.Ed.( Educational Foundations)
DOCTORAL DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Ph.D (Educational Technology)
- Ph.D (Early childhood and Education)
- Ph.D (English Education)
- Ph.D (Education Psychology)
- Ph.D (Educational Management & Policy Studies)
♦ Post-graduate Diploma in Education
♦ Diploma in Early Childhood & Primary Education
♦ Diploma in Education (Arts)
Prof. Julius Ochuodho,
Dean School of Agriculture and Biotechnogy.
P.O. Box 1125
The School was established in 1991 as a graduate faculty with the specific objective of training highly skilled manpower in Agricultural Research, Production and Extension. The School now offers B. Sc, M Sc. and PhD programs as well as Diploma and Certificate Courses to suitably qualified candidates. The available career opportunities include Government Ministries, NGO’s, private sector, Cooperatives, Middle level and Own Enterprises. Students who obtain 70% and above may be employed as Graduate Assistants or be given scholarships for further education. The School has the specific objective of training highly skilled competent manpower in agricultural research, teaching and extension. The school has 6 departments namely Animal Science, Biotechnology, Family and Consumer Studies, Seed Crop and Horticultural Sciences; and Soil Science. Two new undergraduate degree programs have already been started in the School. These are BSc. Agricultural Extension Education and Bsc. Agricultural Economics.
The School has highly qualified and experienced staff in Soil Science, Seed Science, Horticulture, Biotechnology & Plant Breeding, Animal Science and other Agricultural Sciences. The School has many active linkages with many Institutions as well as some local, Regional and International Universities.
- B. Sc. Horticulture
- B. Sc. Agriculture
- B. Sc. Seed Science and Technology
- B. Sc. Soils and Land Use Management
- B. Sc. Food Science and Nutrition
- B. Sc. Food Operation and Mgt.
- B. Sc. Apparel and Fashion Design
- B. Sc. Animal Science
- B. Sc. Agricultural Biotechnology
- B. Sc. Agricultural Extension Education
- B. Sc. Agriculture Economics
- Post Graduate Diploma in Seed Science and Technology
M. SC. PROGRAMMES
- M.Sc. Seed Science and Technology
- M. Sc. Agronomy
- M.Sc. Plant Protection
- M.Sc. Plant Breeding and Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Horticulture
- M.Sc. Soil Science
- M.Sc. Community Nutrition
- M.Sc. Apparel and Fashion Technology
- M.Sc. Dairy Production
- M.Sc. Meat Production
- M.Sc. Animal Nutrition
- M.Sc. Animal Production
- PhD Plant Breeding
- PhD Seed Science
- PhD Agricultural Entomology
- PhD Crop Eco-Physiology
- PhD Weed Science
- PhD Plant Pathology
- PhD Soil Science
- Seed Field Inspection
- Seed Analysis
- Seed Sampling and Processing
- Seed Quality Assurance
- Vegetable Production
- Fruit Production
- Post-harvest Physiology and Technol• Principles of Crop Production
- Soil Fertility Management