Prof. Vincent Sudoi,
Dean, School of Environmental Studies.
P.O. Box 1125
The School of Environmental Studies offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes leading to Bachelors, masters and doctoral degrees.It forms part of the national policy towards preparation for management of natural resources and the environment for sustainable development in the country.Courses offered are divided into four departments comprising eight specializations that represent interdisciplinary character of the school.
The School is equipped with a number of facilities that include complete weather station at the Moi University Main Campus and Laboratories. It also has a Documentation Centre with a specialized information centre for environmental information on environmental issues worldwide.The aim is to meet information needs for study, teaching, extension and research activities in various fields of Environmental studies. The School has Field Research Station in various parts of the country to facilitate outreach and demonstrations centres and influence environmental policy.
The School in collaboration with local and International partners including the University of Amsterdam, Indiana University, UNESCO, UNEP, UNDP among others include Waste Management, Tourism and Environment and Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Audit Consultancies. Recently, the School signed a memorandum of understanding (M.O.U) with the University of NORTHAMPTON from the United Kingdom on waste management and more so electronic waste. Some of the projects being undertaken by the School of Environmental Studies include Climate Change, Wetlands, Modeling Water Resources, Prediction of Rainfall characteristics Using Scientific and Indigenous knowledge.
BACHELORS PROGRAMMES (4 years)
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies (Arts)
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies (Science)
M.Sc. PROGRAMMES (2years)
- Masters in Environmental Biological Sciences
- Masters in Environmental Health
- Masters in Environmental Earth Sciences
- Masters in Environmental Human Ecology
- Masters in Environmental Economics
- Masters in Environmental Law
- Masters in Environmental Planning & Management
- Masters in Environmental Information Systems
Ph.D. PROGRAMMES (3 years)
- PhD in Environmental Biological Sciences
- PhD in Environmental Health
- PhD in Environmental Earth Sciences
- PhD in Environmental Human Ecology
- PhD in Environmental Economics
- PhD in Environmental Law
- PhD in Environmental Planning & Management
- PhD in Environmental Information System