Prof. Moses Imo,
Dean, School of Natural Resource Management.
P.O. Box 1125
The School of Natural Resource Management was the oldest School in Moi University, before it was transfered to Chepkoilel Campus, and later to Chepkoilel University college, and now to University of Eldoret. It houses the founding Department in the University - Forestry and Wood Science. It is the only School in the country training graduates at BSc., MSc. and PhD levels in Forestry, Wood Science and Industrial Processes, Agroforestry, Wildlife Management and Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences. Three new programs - Sustainable Energy and Climate Change, Water Resource Management and Natural Resource Management will be offered from August 2011.
In addition, the School offers customized short, Certificate and Diploma courses. The Programs emphasize practical “hand-on” skills complemented by significant IT component, theory, field and laboratory sessions in relevant areas pertaining to the professional management of our Natural resources. The School has highly qualified and experienced staff in Forestry, Wood Science and Industrial Processing, Sustainable Energy and Climate change, Natural Resource Management, Water Resource management and water pollution Control, Wildlife Management, Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences.
- Bachelor of Science Forestry
- BSc. in Agroforestry and Rural Development
- BSc. in Wood Science and Industrial Processes
- BSc. in Wildlife Management
- BSc. in Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences
- BSc. in Sustainable Energy and Climate Change.
- BSc. in Water Resource Management
- BSc. in Natural Resource Management
M.Sc. PROGRAMMES (2years)
- MSc. Forestry
- (Options-Forestry Economics & Management
-Tropical Forest Biology & Silviculture
-Tropical Forest Soils & Hydrology
- MSc. in Wood Science and Industrial Processes(Wood Composites, Wood Bio-deterioration, Wood Preservation Pulp and paper Science, saw Milling, Bio-Energy.)
- MSc. Wildlife Management
- MSc. in Protected Area Management (PAM) by Distance Learning
- MSc. in Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences
- (Options –Aquaculture , Fisheries Management ,Aquatic Sciences)
Ph.D. PROGRAMMES (3 years)
- Ph.D in Forestry
- Ph.D Fisheries Management
- Ph.D. Aquaculture Management
- Diploma in Tourism and Wildlife Management
- Diploma in Wildlife Management
- Diploma in Aquaculture and Fisheries Management