SCHOLARSHIPS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES IN AN AFRICAN COUNTRY
Collaborative Training in Fisheries and Aquaculture in East, Central and Southern Africa (COTRA) calls for applicants to study MSc. and PhD at Rhodes University (Republic of South Africa), Makerere University (Uganda) and Mzuzu University (Malawi). Available scholarships are for:
Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy in Fisheries Science (1 Female student) to Rhodes University (Full-time 48 months degree seeking programme)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Fisheries Science (1 Female student) to Rhodes university (Part-time 10 months credit seeking programme)
Master of Science
- Masters of Science in Zoology, Fisheries and Aquaculture Option (1 Male and 2 Female students) to Makerere University (Full-time 24 months degree seeking programme)
- Master of Science in Fisheries and Aquatic Science (1 Female student) to Mzuzu University (Full-time 24 months degree seeking programme)
- Masters of Science in Fisheries Science or Masters of Science in Ichthyology (1 Male student) to Rhodes University (Part-time 10 months credit seeking programme)
The EU under Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, has provided funding to support an academic partnership under COTRA Project. The project will train professionals to achieve sustainable management of fisheries and aquaculture resources leading to increased fish production and enhanced food and nutritional security, and hence, improved livelihood and household revenue. The project is expected to contribute to;
- Improved skills and competences of academic staff in research, training and supervision,
- Enhanced quality of graduate training that will lead to innovative and fit-for-purpose professionals in fisheries and aquaculture,
- Improved skills and competences of administrative staff in implementing international mobility.
The Call for applications is open until 28th April 2018 (Midnight East African time). All interested candidates should download University of Eldoret Admission forms and Scholarship application forms from this link: www.uoeld.ac.ke/cotraintrafrica. Fill the forms and submit through email. However if you can print and send via poster to reach before the deadline. The applicants are advised to apply through the hosting university for admission.
The applications for scholarship should be submitted to the project coordinating office at University of Eldoret (to Prof. Phillip Raburu: firstname.lastname@example.org) and a copy to cordinator of hosting university as follows:
>> Makerere University (to Dr. Peter Akoll: email@example.com),
>> Rhodes University (to Dr. Cliff Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org) and
>> Mzuzu University (to Prof. Wales Singini: email@example.com).
Read information below: