The University of Eldoret (UoE), in partnership with the collaborating Universities in the Inter-University Research Consortium - Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University – Nigeria, Kyambogo University – Uganda and Mount Kenya University – Kenya, are proud to host the 6th International Interdisciplinary Conference.
Theme: “Towards Achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): Opportunities and Challenges”.
Venue: University of Eldoret - Main Campus
Dates: 4th, 5th & 6th September, 2019
The IIC, now in its 6th session, has grown from having 2 members Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU) – Nigeria and UoE during the IIC1 to the current membership. IIC2 was hosted by COOU in Nigeria where Kyambogo University (KyU) joined the consortium. IIC3 was hosted again by UoE and Mount Kenya University (MKU) was welcomed to the consortium. IIC4 was hosted by KyU in Uganda and the IIC5 was back in Kenya, hosted by MKU. IIC6 was scheduled to be hosted by COOU but due to unavoidable circumstances requested UoE to host.
Through this collaboration of the member universities of the consortium, it is envisioned that African Universities will work together to improve and enhance the quality of teaching, research and outreach through peer learning, sharing and critiquing.
IIC is a refereed international conference dedicated to the advancement of the theory and practices in knowledge and technological innovation. The aim of IIC is to provide an opportunity for academicians, professionals and researchers from various fields to interact, share experiences and promote research and practice.
The IIC6 - 2019 invites abstracts that address the main conference theme in any of the sub-themes listed but not limited to the below:
- Food Security and Nutrition: crop & livestock production, breeding, value addition, nutrition, integrated pest management
- Universal Healthcare: affordable health, alternative medicine, homecare, hygiene & sanitation, geriatric care
- Socio-Economic Issues: international relations, gender, business, peace & conflict resolution
- Quality Education and Training: TVET, early childhood training, curriculum development, leadership & management, pedagogical management
- • Sustainable Management of Natural Resources: climate change, blue economy, green cities, green energy, traditional energy, minerals, wildlife management, forestry resources, application of remote sensing and GIS
- Manufacturing and Affordable Housing
- ICT, Sciences and Technological Innovation: social media, artificial intelligence, cyber-intelligence, e-commerce
- Cross-cutting: Security, Tourism, Governance & Ethics, Entrepreneurship
The University of Eldoret – Main Campus is located 9km from Eldoret Town along the Eldoret–Ziwa Road at an altitude of 2154 metres above sea level and is located at a latitude of 34’ 55’’, longitude of 0350 18’ 19”.
March 1st, 2019: Call for Abstracts – papers, posters or research exhibitions
April 19th, 2019: Deadline for submission of Abstracts
May 3rd, 2019: Notification of acceptance of Abstracts
June 14th, 2019: Submission of Full Papers
July 15th, 2019: Early Bird registration ends
August 15th, 2019: Regular Registration ends
September 4th, 5th, 6th, 2019: Conference
Please send abstracts of between 250 and 350 words to Conference Secretariat clearly stating the sub-thematic area under which it will be presented. All papers accepted for the conference will be peer reviewed and published in the conference proceedings. Select quality papers presented at the conference will be published in the African Journal of Education Science and Technology (AJEST) or any other University of Eldoret refereed journals.
IIC6 welcomes participants to attend the conference without presenting papers.
|Category||Early Bird (June 15 – July 15) Dollars||Regular (July 16 – August 15) Dollars||Late (After August 16) Dollars|
|Students (student identification will be required)||35||35||40|
|Consortium Member Universities||65||70||75|
Bank Direct Deposit
Account Name: University of Eldoret
Bank: Standard Chartered Bank, Eldoret Branch
Account number: 0102816968200
Swift code: SCBLKENX
Pay bill number: 329329
Account number: 0102816968200
The IIC6 Secretariat,
University of Eldoret,
P.O. Box 1125-30100,
Telephone: 0714 360 188
Email: email@example.com or IIC6@gmail.com