OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ACADEMIC & STUDENTS’ AFFAIRS)
Directorate of Research & Innovation
The University of Eldoret through the Directorate of Research & Innovation is pleased to announce the 2017/2018 call for Concept Notes for the Annual Research Grants (ARG). This is in preparation for the third call for internal proposals of the University. The fund is meant to support adaptive research that is responsive to societal needs (community, industry, and other sectors).
The concept notes should be inter-disciplinary, inter-school and addressing a clearly stated need in the following thematic areas:
- Agriculture and food security – nutrition, health, apparel
- Biotechnology – animal & plant biotechnology, bio-safety, bio-engineering
- Environmental Sciences – Renewable & sustainable energy, solid waste management, climate change, pollution
- Water management and sanitation – waste water management, irrigation, water quality
- ICT – System engineering, communication technology, cyber security, e-learning, e-commerce
- Socio-economic research – education, policy, governance, entrepreneurship
- Natural resource management – conservation, utilization
- Basic sciences – maths, physics, chemistry, biology, biochemistry
- Sports science
- Other areas that need to be well stated and aligned with the mandate of the University
The call aims to support both innovative and general research projects to a tune of Kshs. 500,000 – 1,000,000 to be utilized within 6-12 months. Only UoE staff members (both academic and middle level non-academic) are eligible to apply though allowed to collaborate with other relevant institutions.
Official concept note application forms are available on the University website - www.uoeld.ac.ke. All applications should be submitted in both hard and soft copies to office of the Director of Research & Innovation not later than 16:00 hrs on Friday 13th October 2017. The soft copy of the dully completed concept note application form should be sent to: email@example.com.
- Proposals that received funding in the first and second call should not be resubmitted.
- Any proposal that is being funded by other donors should not be submitted. Such proposals will be disqualified.
- Only original work should be submitted, plagiarism is highly discouraged and will lead to automatic disqualification.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.